For the publication, "n or there is possible excuse for this debacle for a team that aspired to win the competition and that in its ranks has the best player in the world. "
– The reasons:
1. The departure of Neymar: For the author of the article, the sale of the Brazilian was something that "nobody expected" and his absence was "key, because the Brazilian counterbalanced Messi."
2. The disaster of the summer market – half of 2017 -: Hit by the departure of Neymar, Barcelona chose to sign Ousmane Dembelé, an inexperienced player who did not adapt to the team.
3. Wrong objective in the winter market – beginning of 2018 -: In a positive scenario in sports, the Barcelona team decided to hire Coutinho "as a star signing" that could not play in Europe, and Yerry Mina, who did not debut in the Champions League and accumulated an expenditure of 131 million euros.
4. Valverde does not dose the cracks: For Marca, the fact that the coach of the Catalans did not rest their stars resulted in an excess of minutes for Messi, Suárez, Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets , Piqué and Alba.
5. The loneliness of Leo Messi: According to what the author explained, when Messi does not appear, "no one takes the relay" because the "second line" players are unable to score goals.
6. Transfer without weight in the team: After spending 320 million, the signings had no weight in the team. Coutinho can not play Champions, Dembelé "has been a fiasco", Paulinho "lasted three months" and Yerry Mina "does not exist for Valverde".
7. Little faith of Valverde on the bench: The coach of Barca, for Marca, "has been very conservative" because he dares not give options to the players of the bank or the quarry.
8. The players do not learn from the mistakes: "Europe teaches you that you can not give a minimum advantage to the opponent", because the Barca came out with the same low intensity as in the games of last season against PSG and Juventus, with " Overconfidence". "The lack of solidity of Barcelona in the big scenarios is worrisome."
9. Unexpected slumps: Umtiti and Paulinho lowered their levels "alarmingly."
10.Lack of self-criticism: "Messi and the results were filling these gaps", but the team was already showing of fatigue that they did not want to notice.