#FCBarcelona #Sport #News
FC Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde at a press conference
The Barca coach said it is “an inconvenience” that the competition starts with the market still open and, therefore, with the templates not closed, with more than 15 days still of summer window.
Precisely about possible movements the 'Txingurri' was asked, although he did not want to go into details, especially with Neymar: “I am happy with this template and I will not talk about players who are not here,” he said.
On the other hand, Valverde practically discarded Messi for the league debut after the muscle injury suffered by the Argentine as soon as he entered the training: “We will not risk and less with Leo. He hasn't trained with the team yet. We are going to wait but there is a fairly good recovery process, “he said, hours before the Argentine's absence was confirmed on the roster.
As for the preseason, Valverde made a positive balance: “We would have done well one more week of training, some session. In general, the team has gone more, especially in the last game against Naples. ”
Barça debuts this Friday at 9:00 p.m. in San Mamés against Athletic in the match that opens the LaLiga season.
Messi, outside the call
As the technician had already dropped in a press conference, Leo Messi is not among those summoned for the first game of the course. The Argentine was injured in his incorporation to training after the holidays and the coaching staff did not want to risk. The '10' has not yet trained with the rest of the group.
Who is on the list is Coutinho, a player whose future is still uncertainty in the absence of more than 15 days for the market to close.
The Barça summoned for the match against Athletic:
Ter Stegen, N. Semedo, Piqué, I. Rakitic, Sergio, Coutinho, Suárez, O. Dembélé, Rafinha, Lenglet, Griezmann, Jordi Alba, Aleñá, S. Roberto, F. De Jong, Umtiti, Junior, Iñaki Peña and C. Pérez.