#FCBarcelona #Sport #News
Before the commotion generated by the ‘Heurtel case’, FC Barcelona has issued a statement to give its version, after preventing the Barça player from returning to Barcelona with the rest of the team.
In the text released by Barça Basket, the club justifies its decision and gives its explanations, in addition to emphasizing that “the player was not unattended at any time” and that he was “given all the facilities –hotel night, regular flight ticket and all relevant documentation– to be able to travel and return to Barcelona the next day “.
Barça’s decision to leave Heurtel in Istanbul after learning that he was negotiating with Real Madrid has generated a lot of controversy on social networks, where various players have given their opinion.
The complete statement of Barça
1. On Sunday, the day the team faced Joventut de Badalona, the Club and the player decided that the player should not play the match to avoid a possible injury, given an imminent mutual contract resolution agreement.
2. Monday the Club allows the player, who was not called up for the match against Anadolu Efes, travel with the team to Istanbul to solve his professional future, just as he and his representative requested.
3. On Tuesday the player he asked the club for permission to make life parallel to the team during this trip and to be able to solve their professional future.
4. On Tuesday noon, the Club and the player’s agent break up the negotiations and begin to talk. Given the situation generated by this breakdown in negotiations, and not being under the team’s discipline in this game, it is decided that the player does not return to the group. The player was not unattended in any case and he was given all the facilities – hotel night, regular flight ticket and all the relevant documentation – to be able to travel and return to Barcelona the following day.
5. Finally, the Club wants to communicate that Thomas Heurtel continues to be part of the discipline of FC Barcelona, waiting to solve their future in the next few days.